Cascade Data Labs, part of Kin + Carta, is always on the lookout for talent at all levels of seniority.
We believe that good analysts have the vision to bridge the gap between stakeholder needs and the data available to them (no matter its condition). We’re highly selective in ensuring our consultants possess this foundational skill as well as the aptitude to execute it.
Successful applicants will have strong quantitative backgrounds and analytical discipline. While they will have some demonstrated ability to write code, they will not have learned programming languages for the sake of building their resume, but rather as a means to express their intellectual curiosity and analytical voice. Cascade Data Labs will provide a platform and training to help them reach their full potential.
“I love working for Cascade because I’m surrounded by very intelligent people from a diverse range of backgrounds who take pride in the work we do.”
“My time at Cascade has been the best learning experience I think I could have in this field.”
Analyze a collection of raw data sets to create meaningful impact to large enterprise clients while maintaining a high degree of scientific rigor and discipline
Build data pipelines to aid analysis and/or reporting
Communicate findings in an intuitive and visually compelling way
- Bachelors or Masters in Business Analytics (or related), Mathematics or Statistics
- Proficiency (can execute data ingestion to insight) in programmatic language such as SQL, R, Python (Pandas/Scipy/Numpy) OR at the very least, mastery level of Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint or Keynote
- Proficiency scripting in UNIX
- Exposure to a big data environment and tools such as Hive, Impala, Pig, Spark, etc.
- Familiarity with AWS services
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques and libraries along with the ability to appropriately apply them to various business questions